13% of the world’s adult population and 42 million children under the age of 5 are overweight or obese. Worldwide obesity more than doubled between 1980 and 2014. It is shocking to read WHOs report on obesity in today´s world. The good news is that we can prevent overweight. But the big question is, of course, how? Let´s see what acclaimed Tibetan Doctor Phuntsog Wangmo has to say about this…
Why Do We Become Overweight?
In the Tibetan Medicine & Modern Life Conference held in Tenerife, Spain, in March 2015, Tibetan Dr. Wangmo points out that the main reason for gaining weight is that our digestive fire does not work properly. According to her, rather than having to do with how much we eat, the reason lies in the efficiency of our digestive system: are we able to digest everything that needs to be digested? If the answer is no, this indicates that our digestion is not functioning as it should, and this often leads to obesity. Dr. Wangmo points out that eating heavy and raw foods and foods that are poor in nutrients forces the stomach to work a double-shift weakening the digestive processes. This, in turn, develops mucus that extends over the entire body killing the digestive fire, and ultimately leads to overweight. Let´s see how we can prevent this phenomenon and foster well-being.
10 Tips For Preventing Obesity By Dr. Phuntsog Wangmo
- Eat often but less quantity.
- Eat a light dinner.
- Your meal should consist of 1/3 food, 1/3 liquid and 1/3 air.
- Take a 5h break between every meal to give your digestive system a rest.
- Exercise! And if possible go on a short walk after each meal.
- Cook the food, avoid raw foods.
- Try to eat fresh food.
- Adding spices to your meals makes them lighter. Use cardamom or ginger in winter, saffron or turmeric in summer and autumn and clove in spring.
- Drink boiled water (lukewarm).
- Avoid eating too much wheat products, potato, sweets, dairy. Adding seeds to your bread will make it lighter and easier to digest.
For many it might seem difficult to cut down on raw foods such as salads, or to avoid dairy products and wheat, but believe me, if you do, you will feel lighter and filled with energy in no-time!
Wishing you a peaceful day,
Did you like this post? Sign up here and we´ll send you more awesome articles to your inbox!
Images from freedigitalphotos.com